Thursday, January 26, 2012

The State of The Union Address

The State of The Union address was uplifting as always from President Obama. He still has the swag from 2008 , with his speaking style , gestures , and demeanor. Speaking on the economy, jobs , foreign trade, and ultimately trying to bring both Democratic and Republican party together. There was even a sentimental moment when he hugged Rep .Gabby Gifford (was shot in the head in a parking lot rally in Arizona in 2010).
While listening to his address, I pondered about the contrast with the Republican presidential candidates who have been running with such disdain for the president , being highly disrespectful , offensive and devisive rhetoric being thrown on a daily basis. Though ,its interesting to listen and quite humorous, I find it so hard to take them seriously becoming the next president.
Although it has been an uphill battle for the President working with a not so willing congress for the last couple of years , whatever you decide , in the end its safe to say who you think is the adult in the room .        

4 comments:

  1. I too found the State of the Union a great speech. As usual President Obama showed his intelligence and maturity. It is amazing to me how all these Republicans, Tea Party, etc. always say they are so Patriotic and Christian. I find this hilarious. I have had to even fight my thoughts on being associated with "christianity",only to say wait a minute. I had to realize that my values as a Christian are far from anything that these nut cases believe. I think they need to go back and read the bible again. It really is shameful. as far as Patriotism is concerned, President Obama has gone above and beyond what anybody that is a true Patriotic should have to do. I believe he has sacrificed a lot of what he believes to try to work for the benefit of everybody in America. I truly believe he will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents we have ever had. Obama #2012 Let's GO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great speech as well. It was a nice contrast from the trash we've been forced to listen to, from Republican candidates that actually make former President Bush seem in comparison, 'smart and elegant'. I just finished watching a speech the President just made at the University of Michigan, before a crowd of hopeful, young college students. His speaking style, mannerisms, outlook and just general appearance outshines all of the contenders on the opposite side of the aisle. I'm fired up and ready to go!

      Delete
  2. @ Nicole , will this election have any effect on the recent recall of the Govenor Scott Walker of Michigan, and what is your position ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott Walker is going to prison! I didn't get to sign the recall petition but I apparently didn't need to, since they got more signatures than they needed. But ever since that man has been sitting in the governor's chair, the media has been hinting at a bigger story with him. You'll see stories about how the FBI has been talking to some of his staff, about whether he used his former office as Milwaukee County Executive, and money from there, to run for Governor. If that can be proven, then he's going to prison, just like Republican Governor, George Ryan did, from Illinois, for the very same offense. So whether he gets booted out by recall, or something illegal, makes me no never mind. As long as he gets the hell out!

      Delete